Now you are familiar with the features and benefits of the NuWave OxyPure. But how do you use this air purifier?
The filters are preassembled when you receive the appliance, so you do not need to do anything with them when you are just starting out.
- Remove the purifier from its packaging and plug it in. You will notice the “Power” light is red. That means that the OxyPure is on standby.
- To take the device out of standby mode, push on “Power” button. The light will switch from red to green.
- Select a mode, for example, “AUTO.”
- You will hear the fan start running at this point. If you look next to “AIR” and “ODOR,” you also will notice a couple of bars. These are the air quality indicators.
- If you want to turn off the device, you can push on “Power” one more time.
Along with a selection of modes, the OxyPure also allows you to manually adjust the fan setting or set a timer.
Cleaning and Replacing the Filters
- At some point down the road, the air purifier will alert you that it is time to clean and replace your filters. It will do this by switching on lights next to various indicators, i.e. “CLEAN FILTER 2.”
Initially, you will see a blue light for a washable air filter. That is a strong suggestion that you clean it.
But eventually, you will see a red light. That means you must clean it.
Also, if you see a red light for FILTER 4, you have to replace it. That is the HEPA/Carbon filter.
- Look at the back of the appliance. You should notice a handle for the Filter Slot Cover. Use it to remove the cover.
- Remove the air filter you want to wash or replace.
- Follow the instructions in the manual (I have included the link below these instructions) to wash the filter according to the specific instructions for that filter.
- Set aside the newly-washed filter and wait for it to dry.
- Put the filter back inside the purifier (or insert a brand new filter, if you are replacing one).
- Put the Filter Slot Cover back. Make sure it is secure. If the purifier does not switch on, double check the cover. You probably didn’t secure it correctly.
You are also going to want to regularly clean the filter sensor and vents.